Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Utensils



Today at speech therapy I ate with a spoon. I had it in my right hand, dipped it in applesauce, and proceeded to eat it. Then I passed it to my left hand and did the same thing with the wrong end of the spoon. This is a pretty big accomplishment for me because my right hand is always kept tight or with my thumb tucked in. Also, for me to pass something from my left hand to my right hand is rare. Eventually, I spilled it all and just used my fingers. That was the best part and a popular choice. Who needs utensils?

I've been fitted for a new right hand glove. I requested a black one in case I become a biker.

On another note, I can climb up one step now. Here I am on the shower step. I am using my knees more often now. I just need coordination and maybe a cat or three to chase after. Small, furry, fast moving creatures motivate me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're learning every day! That's what Biscuits do..Loved the picture!
hugs and kisses, oma