Saturday, August 23, 2008

Stander




We brought a stander home yesterday. We borrowed it from therapy. Here I am standing in it today. It helps my parents stay hands free while I do some standing exploration of my own. It's not a mobile stander, as St. Louis recommended, but Ms. Greta thinks I will be strong enough after a few months of standing in this. Therefore, I may not need my own. Ms. Greta is making more time for me. Soon she will see me three times a week. We might not have to look any further if this is the case.

I had hippo and aquatherapy today. My dad is here this week so he has been attending my therapies also. Even though he was there, I didn't cry. This is a big improvement for me. Maybe I will soon outgrow my separation issues. They are getting better. We all went swimming at aquatherapy and were all pooped after the pool. Ms. Cindy liked my new glove. Ms. Maryann liked it on Monday too. Maybe they will start ordering it for other kids because of me. I could be paving a new path. The possibilities...

I have to work on saying "I want" and "please." Ms. Amy thinks I am ready for this level of speaking. Right now, I am not aware of myself as "me". I am "you" since that's what I hear. Confused yet? My two year-old tantrums are in high gear. I get frustrated when no one understands me, but I try really hard and speak clearer everyday. This week I have learned to say "my turn" and "your turn."

There is diversity in my tv viewing lately. I don't just like Elmo's World anymore. I request "Baby Elmo" (Sesame Beginnings) on a daily basis and "Elizabeth" (Bounce) the singing, guitar playing lady. Pink Dinky Doo is also a favorite for me. She helps expand my vocabulary.

No comments: