Friday, December 14, 2007

SMO's


I got my braces yesterday. They are called Supra Malleolar Orthotics (SMO's). They fit just above my ankle. They're made of molded hard plastic with foam on the inside. My shoes don't fit anymore.

We went shoe shopping and it was a task to find a wide enough shoe. We picked up something at Stride Rite, but not before being denied trying on shoes at Dillards. The salesman, however polite he was, was afraid that I would be wearing the wrong shoes and therefore did not bring any out for me to try on. It wasn't his decision to make and I got new shoes anyway, just somewhere else. Their loss.

Now when I stand, my ankles don't turn in anymore. I feel confident, yet I'm still getting used to them. It's like I'm wearing two pairs of shoes at the same time. Do I need more feet?

Mrs. Greta (PT) expects these will work wonders for me and hopes that I will one day downgrade to a discreet shoe insert.

No comments: