Tuesday, December 4, 2007

New Word: Hat

Thanks to my speech therapist, Amy, (and Mr. Potato Head), I now know what a hat is, where to put it and how to say it. It does not work well with other items (food, utensils, coasters, crackers), but I try to place them on my head as well. The sticky ones work best.

Today at hippotherapy, I impressed everyone by not crying when my helmet was put on. I patted it and repeated, "hat" to make sure everyone was on the same page. They complimented me for sitting on the horse so nice and straight, and for carrying my babbling conversation while riding. My horse, Sunny, resembled a rainbow zebra today because she had been drawn on with sidewalk chalk by some kids yesterday. I like the new look and apparently she didn't mind it so much herself.

No comments: