Thursday, February 7, 2008

The Park

Thursday is my day off from therapy and we went to the park today! We discovered a park with bucket swings that's pretty close to home. It's a little far to walk there so we drove.

There were other kids there when we got there but I couldn't play with anybody because they were all running and climbing around. I just sat and watched. I didn't even want to stand up. I did feel a little left out. Then, another little boy appeared, with his mom. He appeared to be severely handicapped. He couldn't play or sit and cried a lot. They weren't there very long at all. Maybe their presence was a sign to show me that I can still do a lot with my CP, and my horizons expand each day.

I was able to use an unoccupied bucket swing. I loved it! I didn't want to get down. I protested but eventually I did get down and went on the slide, played on the playground, played with the wood chips and attempted to eat some shell fragments. Crunchy!

I can't wait to go back.

No comments: