Thursday, July 31, 2008

Supinator, activate!



Here is my self-ordered thumb splint. It was prescribed via St. Louis. No one down here has ever seen it before. It has a supinator strap to help me turn my palm upwards. All of this was mine for just $29 (plus shipping). I am happy to report that I could not peel it off today and it's already working. For more information, please see McKie Splints in sidebar.

While my right arm was hanging out, my left arm has finally been able to fill a cup with water, pick it up and dump it over my head. I do it over and over in the bath. It's fun. A new sensation. Not to mention a good stretch.

Yesterday, I told my mom to call my dad on the phone. "Call dad," I said. So she did and here is what followed:
Dad: Hi Gavin
Gavin: Hi Dad
Dad: How are you?
Gavin: Good
It was my first conversation and it wasn't just a coincidence. My parents then asked me throughout various times yesterday how I was. I always answered "good."

Ms. Greta was extra attentive at therapy. I stood in the stander for the entire half hour. I get to take it home on Monday to try before getting my own. Our search for different PT options continues. Maybe we'll go half time to Greta and half somewhere else. We'll see what is available.

No comments: