Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Apple and Potato


I was sitting in the back of the shopping cart at Whole Foods yesterday, when suddenly a bag containing two apples was placed beside me. I was desperate to get the apples out, "Apple, apple, apple," I cried, but it appeared I had to rescue them myself. The cart starts moving, stop and go, more items get piled in all around me. I had to focus and save the apples. I grabbed a hold of the bag and shook. This motion also made me shake and it's hard not to fall over in the back of the cart when nothing is stable. I got back up, freed one apple, then the other. I was so happy to be able to touch them and hold them. They were kinda heavy so I placed them in the bottom of the cart. To reward myself, I leaned over a took a bite. Then I took a few more. It was worth the struggle, they were yummy! We paid for both partially eaten apples, along with the rest of our groceries, and went home.


I made a potato head at speech today and I wanted to share my creation with you. I had to ask for each piece, without peeking, and I put them where I thought they should go. Voila! My masterpiece.

In other news, after many leaks and outfit changes, I seem to have outgrown size 4 diapers (sorry Oma)! I guess my growth spurt really has kicked in. We gave my old diapers to Talan at therapy. We're the same age, born a week apart, and I weigh 7lbs. more than him! We're going to play at his house on Friday. He has a big sister, Hailey. She's 8 years old. I screamed with excitement when I saw her today. She comes to therapy now, since it's summer, and she cheers me up when I'm in the walker. I didn't even cry today. I am always happy to see her.

I like mango juice. I've had it two days in a row, and finished a big boy box of juice in one sitting. That's over 6 ounces.

My sleep patterns are mysterious. While asleep, I call for mommy or daddy, and fuss until someone comes. I've been in a big boy bed for about two weeks now. It's a full-size bed and we attached a bed-rail to one side. The other side is against the wall. I take 2-3 hour naps in it without a fuss, but nighttime is a different story. When I am past the first sleep cycle, I can't get comfortable. It's usually between 3 and 4 a.m. I toss and turn from that point on, crying out, but not completely waking up. In the morning, I am not well rested and cranky. Since I have more room to roll around, I like staying in my big boy bed, as compared to the toddler bed, but I wish I could sleep through the night. At least I am out of my parents' bed. It was getting crowded in there. One thing at a time, I guess.

No comments: