Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Standing


Hello. I have some good news. I pulled myself up to stand! I've done it a few times now. I've been working on it for a while, but now I've done it three days in a row. I can't quite get my feet directly under me, but I am learning to ask for help when I need it. My feet just need to communicate better. We're still working on that part.

I got a new glove for my right hand in OT today. It's a big boy glove. It keeps my thumb out and stretches out my palm. I still give my therapists an attitude and refuse to work with my mom present. Even without her present, I throw tantrums and cry about half the time in PT and just a little in OT. PT is quickly becoming my least favorite now, whereas OT used to be.

In OT, I go on the swing, climb up the stairs to fall into the ball pit, play with puzzles and draw. Today, I drew a picture. It's obviously abstract art. One might interpret it as being a giant red tornado blowing the evil vegetables broccoli and carrots away. We'll try cauliflower this week.

In PT, I did manage to stand up against a wall with nothing in front of me. I held that pose for about a minute. Yep, I supported myself. Strike a pose.

No comments: