Friday, June 20, 2008

Playtime

I had a massage with Jim this morning. He said my hamstrings were tight and that I had the leg flexibility of a middle-aged man. At my age, my legs should be able to stretch to my forehead or thereabouts. I can't quite get there, but Jim has been away for two weeks. Maybe I should eat more gummy bears and calamari. That would surely make me stretch further.

After Jim, I went to Talan and Hailey's house. Hailey read to me as I hugged and leaned on her. She also wrote some numbers down for me to identify and let me draw on her floor with a marker. This is my kind of friend. Talan has PVL and CP as well. He has been motivated to stand by lots of standing up type toys. His mom goes to consignment shops and finds them. We found a play yard today, brought it home and cleaned it up. When it was all put together, I did not want to get out of it. I stayed inside and tried pulling myself up a few times. It's working already. I could possibly be pulling myself up to stand soon. Now if I can only remember to use both hands. Then it wouldn't be so tough.

After my eventful morning, I took a three hour nap and when I woke up, my daddy was home from a long week away. I was attached to him for the rest of the day and night. He read to me, we played video games, and he helped me use my right hand. What a guy!

No comments: