Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Potty

We have a potty made by Baby Bjorn. The seat is not cushioned and this allows me to keep my balance better. This morning, my daddy sat me on the potty and I went pee! This is only the second time I've sat on it. Pretty cool, huh? Now, I'm determined to take my diaper off at any given opportunity. Anything for a sticker.

Since I have been standing in my Rifton Mobile Stander everyday, and with assistance a few weeks before that, my feet have become stronger and wider. I got some new SMO's and shoes to fit them. We're trying these shoes by Answer 2. They are specially made for my braces, fit deeper and wider. And the velcro is long enough to reach across.

I am now motivated by Rufus, our dog, who can mostly be found on the couch. This week, I pulled myself up to stand on the couch. I make sure everyone knows when I am standing by exclaiming it, "I'm standing!" Rufus quickly leaves when he sees me coming.

Update on "W" sitting: I am happy to report that during the past two weeks I have made a breakthrough and can get my left leg out in front of me when I am requested to. Hooray! There will now be less nasty "W" sitting from me.

No comments: