Saturday, May 17, 2008

Flower Essences

I went to see a therapist for my leg cramps and restless nights. She specializes in homeopathy, flower essences and acupuncture for pregnant women, women and children. She asked my mom a bunch of questions and tested me through her, since I was too busy discovering her office and not sitting still. My mom placed her hand on me and she examined my mom. It's definitely an alternative way of testing, but she got what she needed. Then, she placed two boxes filled with different bottle droppers of flower essences in front of me. I picked out about six of them myself. She added three essentials (chamomile, calcium, baby blue eyes, clematis) and then she read to us what each one was used for. The most interesting one I picked out was called Evening Primrose. According to the book, "Evening Primrose literally rebirths the soul, providing a matrix of emotional nutrients that were lacking in the soul's earliest feelings about incarnation." This applies perfectly to my prematurity. I got a small dropper of all my essences mixed together. These flower essences could be universally applied to anyone's needs, but we're trying it out since it's all natural and sure beats going on prescription medication (valium, baclofen, etc.). Hopefully it will help me rest better :) and not require the latter.

If you've ever used Hyland's Teething Tablets, they seem to contain some of the ingredients in our drops (they are also homeopathic), but ours are more sophisticated. The drops have no flavor, water-like and I slept well last night.

Check out Links for more information on Flower Essences.

No comments: