Thursday, May 29, 2008

Boo bis

My dog, Rufus, was barking at someone outside of our house today. I would normally cry when this happened because it startled me. "No, Boo bis," I said today, and just like that, I was commanding the dog.

We went to the library to check out some more dvd's. I had to sit in the stroller for my mom to be hands free. I was unhappy the entire five minutes we were there. I wanted to be free! I wanted to touch everything and pick my own movies off the shelf. I wanted to make a mess :D

When we returned home, the door opened and we were greeted, as always. "Hi Boo bis," I said, before my mom even had a chance to. Now that I can communicate with Rufus, we can make secret plans for him to open the door and let me out. Or he can assist me by providing transportation for short distances. Step stool?

I have officially outgrown the green stroller and we've retired it. It is bittersweet to see something you have needed for so long get stuffed into a closet. The key is to consolidate and reduce clutter. Umbrella stroller and/or tired arms/sore back, here we come!

I took some steps in my gait trainer and turned off the tv. I also tried to open the closet, but can't quite reach it yet. Must... stretch... arms.

No comments: