Sunday, May 4, 2008

Weekend

I took some backwards steps in my walker. Does that count? I wasn't wearing any shoes or braces. I usually just sit in it, slump, stare and snack. That is until I see or hear something exciting (like a song, or Elmo). Then I stand up straight. I require motivation. Sometimes, when I get pushed forward I take some steps. I think I take more steps the old-fashioned way. That is where an adult holds me securely under my arms and we move forward. Sure, it may be backbreaking for them, but my hard work will be more appreciated when we're both tired at the end.

My parents finished a jigsaw puzzle that they had worked on for the past two weekends. After all their hard work and dedication, they gladly allowed me to disassemble it. I picked up an edge and it slowly fell apart. I tried to eat a few pieces, but my plan was derailed. All the pieces ended up back in the box.

I fall often. I fell off the big couch today and my little couch yesterday. I do not enjoy falling. I cry every time. I enjoy books, bubbles, balls and television the most. I am learning to break my falls better though.

I have been a fussy sleeper this past week. Is it growing pains? Am I cramping from over activity? All I know is it makes me tired early and I take longer naps. Hopefully this will soon pass and not get worse. We'll keep an eye out on my sleep patterns.

No comments: