Monday, May 12, 2008

Stepping progress




I like to stand now and sometimes even step towards my destination. Here I am this weekend at my Uncle Sergio and Aunt Gloria's house "stepping" into the pool. I am still working on supporting my own weight.

I was also at a different pool this weekend where I was encountered by a two year-old girl who liked me very much. I didn't mind her. She hugged me and kissed me and I allowed her affection between moments of splashing and swimming with my dad.

We borrowed an aluminum walker and set it up this past week. A few months ago when we initially got it, I was not tall enough to hold onto it. Now, however, I can hold onto the sides and take a few steps with some assistance. I even stepped and kicked a ball today! I like this walker because there is nothing in front of me. I could potentially reach objects in front of me with ease. That is, when I don't require two hands holding and am less wobbly. I might even like it better than my gait trainer. I haven't decided yet.

No comments: